The struggle of having chapped lips is very real! Ever thought how many Victoria Secret products can you buy if you just save up all the money we spend on these damned lip balms? Here’s how to live on a budget; a DIY lip balm recipe that is very affordable on our pockets. Make it at home, and have tacos and nuggets instead of bread and water for dinner!
All you need to make your own lip chap is a few simple ingredients that you probably already have at home or can easily find them in any superstore that you visit. These include coconut oil, beeswax, cocoa butter and any essential oil of your choice. Once you have these assembled, follow these steps to have your refreshing balm in just a few minutes!
Heat some water in a pan and place a glass container in this water but be careful that you do not allow any water to enter the container.
- Add one-tablespoon beeswax, two tablespoons of cocoa butter and an equivalent amount of coconut oil to the container and mix until all the ingredients are in liquid form. You can vary your amounts in the same ratio depending on the amount of chap you need.
- Keep stirring the container until everything mixes well, and then remove the pan from heat.
- After stirring in the essential oils in the container, you can use a dropper to transfer your lip balm into the container you wish to store it in.
- Once inside the container let the balm settle and sit until it gets hard or firm.
- You can store the balm in some cool and dry place for use later.